Physical travel may be nothing but a memory, but I’ve always loved moving through the internet’s series of tubes to do guest posts, appear on podcasts, and the like. Want to check out my recent guest blog posts/podcast appearances and where you can catch me next? You’ve come to the right place.
I’ll be appearing on three panels for the completely free (woot!) Flights of Foundry Conference:
- Friday, April 16th at 9:00 PM Eastern – How to Put A Game In Your Fiction
- Saturday, April 17th at 8:00 PM Eastern – Short Stories Are Not Baby Novels
- Sunday, April 18th at 7:00 PM Eastern – Games Writing and Prose Writing in Conversation
Register for the conference here – it’s going to be a great one!
I’m also starting to record some video blogs for a super sekret project that will appear at some point in the future, and I have never cared more about my virtual background. More to come!
Star Trekkin’ Across the Universe
I have joined Starfleet! Every other week, some other wonderful writers and artists and I play a Star Trek RPG as the crew of the Star Trek: Horizon. I play Keeley Vo, a Trill raised on Cardassia who got a field promotion to captain in the first episode and now has to be in charge of things and whatnot. And since we have several talented artists in our midst, you get to see her! If you want to experience the fun, check us out every other Wednesday* at 9 PM Eastern at https://www.twitch.tv/typecastrpg.
One of the nice things about doing so much of life virtually is that panels can be recorded. The one below is from the City Tech Science Fiction Symposium on Race and Science Fiction, where I appeared on a Writers Roundtable with the brilliant Carlos Hernandez, Cadwell Turnbull, and Alaya Dawn Johnson, moderated wonderfully by Joy Sanchez-Taylor. You can check that out below!
Fireside Podcast Chats
In which I say things in an audio format, usually with other folks around, and generally have a good time. Including….
- Interspectional: Diverse Storytelling in Tabletop Games
- Writing Excuses 16.9: Crossing the Revenue Streams
- Writing Excuses 16.8: Smart Promotion
- Writing Excuses 16.7: To Series, or Not to Series
- Writing Excuses 16.6: Building Your Brand
- Writing Excuses 16.5: Pros and Contracts
- Writing Excuses 16.4: Networking
- Writing Excuses 16.3: Publishing Pitfalls
- Podside Picnic (in which I am high on yoga endorphins and say the word “murder” a lot)
- Coffee In Space
- Writing Excuses 15.32: Short Story Markets
- Writing Excuses 15.12: Writing the Other – Being an Ally
- Just Keep Writing Community Chat
- The Skiffy and Fanty Show – Signal Boost #51