Want to check out my recent guest blog posts/podcast appearances and where you can catch me next? You’ve come to the right place.
- Masterclass – Building a Better World With A Justice Lens (Wednesday, October 19th, 1:30 – 4:30 PM Pacific)
- Workshop – How You Say It: Sentence Craft (Saturday, October 22nd, 2:30 – 3:45 PM Pacific)
- Workshop – Anticipa-: Building Tension (Sunday, October 23rd, 10 – 11:15 AM Pacific)
Panels & Recaps
While it’s not everyone’s cup of tea, I really enjoy being on panels – the conversations are usually wonderful and I always walk away with new things to think about or put into practice. For example, I recently spoke on a panel about freelancing at the 2022 Nebula Conference and was buzzing with enough ideas afterward that I had to share some of the tips and tricks that work well for me in a Twitter thread.
In recent years, I’ve loved the opportunity to be a part of more panels as a viewer and participant thanks to the number of cons that were either virtual or hybrid. A few of the ones I’ve been a part of remain available for viewing on YouTube, including:
- Games Writing and Prose Writing In Conversation, a panel at the Dream Foundry conference with writers Monte Lin and Aaron A. Reed, moderated by Stephen Granade
- Short Stories are Not Baby Novels, a panel at the Dream Foundry conference with S.B. Divya, Jose Pablo Iriarte, and Todd Sanders, moderated by Jaymee Goh
- Race and Science Fiction, a Writers Roundtable with writers Carlos Hernandez, Cadwell Turnbull, and Alaya Dawn Johnson, moderated by Joy Sanchez-Taylor.
Fireside Podcast Chats
In which I say things in an audio format, usually with other folks around, and generally have a good time. Including….
- Interspectional: Diverse Storytelling in Tabletop Games
- Writing Excuses 16.9: Crossing the Revenue Streams
- Writing Excuses 16.8: Smart Promotion
- Writing Excuses 16.7: To Series, or Not to Series
- Writing Excuses 16.6: Building Your Brand
- Writing Excuses 16.5: Pros and Contracts
- Writing Excuses 16.4: Networking
- Writing Excuses 16.3: Publishing Pitfalls
- Podside Picnic
- Coffee In Space
- Writing Excuses 15.32: Short Story Markets
- Writing Excuses 15.12: Writing the Other – Being an Ally
- Just Keep Writing Community Chat
- The Skiffy and Fanty Show – Signal Boost #51